Lecturer Positions - Summer 2017
Term I: May 22 - June 30
Term II: July 3 to August 11
151 Emerging Humanity
152 Culture and Humanity
313 Visual Anthropology
316 Anthropology of Tourism
350 Pacific Island Cultures
415 Ecological Anthropology
425 Medical Anthropology
427 Food, Health, and Society
464 Hawaiian Archaeology
483 Japanese Culture and Behavior
484 Japanese Popular Culture
We will entertain proposals to teach other online courses in the department catalogue (not specialized proseminars), to be reviewed according to existing criteria and departmental needs.
You have the option of teaching a course (except 151 and 152) with a focus designation. More information on focus requirements can be found at http://www.hawaii.edu/gened/focus.htm.
- MA degree in anthropology or relevant social sciences discipline
- Demonstrated experience in an appropriate area of anthropology
- PhD candidate or PhD degree in Anthropology
- Demonstrated competence as a teacher with positive student responses
- Current or recent anthropological field research in Hawai'i, the Pacific, or Asia
- For online courses: Availability at some time during the course for face-to-face meetings with students who request appointments
Minimum salary: $1486 per credit hour
Applications will be accepted online only at http://surveys.socialsciences.hawaii.edu/ework/. Submit the Anthropology Lecturer Application Form, curriculum vitae, recent standardized course evaluations, and a detailed course syllabus which includes Student Learning Outcomes. Three referees should email their letter, as an email attachment, to <email@example.com> and indicate "Letter of Reference for xxxx" in the subject line. Letters on file are good for three years.
Closing Date: Continuous recruitment. Applications received by 8:00 a.m. HST October 20 will be given priority.
NOTE: Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all application materials are received by the priority date; incomplete applications will be excluded from consideration.
APPOINTMENTS ARE CONTINGENT UPON SUFFICIENT ENROLLMENT