History of the Department of Anthropology at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
This page provides a collection of historical documents and information on projects related to documenting the history of the Department of Anthropology at UH.
Oral History and Archive Project (OHAP)
The Department's 75th anniversary inspired collection of oral historical and archival materials on the department's history. This involved gathering stories as well as visual and written materials about Anthropology at UH Manoa from faculty, students and friends of the department past and present. Much of the material is available in a digital archive of the Anthropology department in coordination with the Graduate Library and Reading room as well as Hamilton library and Scholar Space.
Histories and Historical Documents
- Merrily Stover's Ecological Dimensions of the NIMH program, UH Anthropology: 1969-1982
- Katherine Luomala’s 1968 article
- White & Tengan (2001)
- Dewey and White 2008 - on Ann Dunham
- Satomi Fukutomi interviews Takie Lebra (2005)
- Tengan Public Anthropology article (2000)
- Bion Griffin department history (2007)
- List of Departmental Faculty